Don't worry if you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, you may be entitled to recover damages for your lost wages, property damage, medical bills and pain and suffering.
Smith/Mohlman works hard to make sure you are up to date and informed on Legal Industry News. Your opportunity to read industry articles on our Smith/Mohlman WordPress blog for this week are right here.
Attorneys at the Law Offices of Smith/Mohlman may be able to help if you have been in a car, truck or motorcycle accident. If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, you may be entitled to recover damages for your lost wages, property damage, medical bills and pain and suffering. Road accidents are the most frequent cause of personal injury claims, and whether you were the driver or passenger in a car accident, or even if you are a pedestrian involved in a car accident, you could be entitled to compensation for pain, suffering and injury caused by a road traffic accident that was not your fault.
It is important to seek assistance and advice from a qualified and experienced car accident lawyer as soon as possible following the incident. You may have limited when it comes to claiming compensation depending on which state you are in, so it is important to seek advice as soon as possible.
You should always seek medical and legal help following an accident. Additionally, some things to remember if you are in an accident include:
- Remain calm
- Stop in a safe place
- Make sure no one is hurt
- Call 911 and ask for the police, and an ambulance if necessary
- Write down the names of any other drivers, and their addresses and phone numbers. Record their vehicle registration numbers. If you believe the other driver is intoxicated, tell the police officer
- Get the names, addresses and phone numbers of the witnesses
- Ask the police officer for the police report number and where and when a copy will be available
Following the accident:
- Contact your insurer
- Get medical treatment promptly and continue to get all the medical treatment you need for as long as you need it
- Do not speak to the insurance company for the other driver. Instead, tell the insurance company representative to call your lawyer
- Have someone take photos of the cars and any skid marks on the road (skid marks start to fade within days)
- Keep track of all the places you have gotten medical treatment, the physical ailments that you have and how the injuries affect your day-to-day life. Detailed notes are very persuasive if you later make a claim.
If you believe you may have a claim arising from a car, truck or motorcycle accident please call The Law Offices of Smith/Mohlman, LLC
Here are some important resources you may have missed:
1. State prohibits drivers of all ages from using any type of electronic device while behind the wheel. http://bit.ly/e8idhW [INDUSTRY]
2. Fatal car accidents are significantly less on urban roads than their rural counterparts. See here why http://bit.ly/dSI3Dy [INDUSTRY]
Check back each week for the best of the best news!